By the time our children can walk and talk, they are already dealing with an unprecedented level of stress and pressure in their everyday lives. These pressures can come from anywhere: school, friends, or even the expectations they face at home.
These challenges are taking their toll on the lives of our families.
- Anxiety disorders occur in 32% of youth ages 13-18 (U.S. Dept. Of Health & Human Services)
- Depression occurs in approximately 13% of youth ages 12-17. (U.S. Dept. Of Health & Human Services)
- 1 in 5 children has a diagnosable mental, emotional, or behavioral problem (Broward County Center for Mental Health Services
- 70% of children and youth with behavioral health needs go untreated. (Broward Connections)
- In 2020, suicide was the second leading cause of death for Americans aged 10-14 and 25-34. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Violent incidents in schools during the 2017-2018 school year increased by 113% from the previous year. (USA Today)
Your donation helps us plant the seeds of a better future for our families for many generations to come.
- Seedling – Up to $100 donation per year. Help keep our operational costs manageable as we work to keep our counseling services affordable.
- Sprout – Up to $1,000 donation per year. As counseling partners for multiple local schools, our programs reach children and youth in their classrooms. Donations of up to $1,000 can help us build more partnerships and expand these programs throughout Broward County schools.
- Sapling – Up to $5,000 donation per year. At The Bougainvilla House, we see the miracle that can unfold when we help young people learn to manage the struggles they face. Your donation of $5000 provides six months of counseling that can change the life of a deserving individual or family who cannot afford the cost of treatment.
- Old Oak – $10,000 (or greater) donation per year Individuals and families in crisis need professionals to walk alongside them and guide the healing process. Your donation of $10,000 or greater provides a deserving young person with 90-day intensive outpatient therapy and the strong, ongoing support they need to move on to a healthier place.
More Ways To Give
Monthly or Quarterly Giving: Ongoing scheduled monthly (or quarterly) gifts directly support our day-to-day efforts to serve our children and families. Also, your gift is automatically processed on the day you specify, saving you time and effort.
Annual Giving: Annual Gifts provide the foundation for the support our client children and families need and count on. Annual gifts help us to not only provide consistent programs and service, but also respond to unexpected needs and opportunities.
Asset Giving: Cash gifts are welcome, wonderful, and much needed, but if you are looking for another way to give and to increase your impact, consider donating non-cash assets e.g. stocks, real estate, or business interests before the sale.
Major Gifts: A Major Gift is an opportunity to ‘dream big’ with us, and to work together to make a truly transformational impact on the lives of South Florida children and families. A major philanthropic donation to The Bougainvilla House is an opportunity to look beyond our short or medium-term needs and to transform your passion and our vision into exciting, powerful, make-a-big-difference reality. Talk to us – let's dream big together!
Corporate Partnerships: Through their generous gifts of time, abilities, and resources, our Corporate Partners energize, sustain and support The Bougainvilla House and those it serves. We are proud to recognize and highlight our Partners on our website, at events, in print, and in our electronic and social media communications.
Planned Gifts: When you make a planned gift to The Bougainvilla House, you authorize the irrevocable transfer of an asset to TBH which then supports the programs and services we offer to South Florida children, youth, and families. You may wish to consider several planned giving options, including life insurance policies; bequests; charitable gift annuities; charitable lead trusts; charitable remainder trusts; charitable remainder unitrusts; and charitable remainder annuity trusts. These planned gifts not only benefit our community and create a legacy but can also carry federal estate tax benefits.
School, Club, Organization, or Team Fundraisers: Your school, sports team, club, or organization can make an enormous difference to the lives of their South Florida neighbors! Turn your imagination loose and brainstorm ideas to have fun and raise money for and awareness of The Bougainvilla House and the many ways it supports families. For those who lead children’s and youth organizations, this is also a wonderful way to highlight the importance of strong families, mental health, and the need to stand ready to help others. We’d love to talk with you about fundraising ideas that make a positive difference to our South Florida community!
To learn more and to work together on ideas and ways to help The Bougainvilla House lift lives and strengthen families, please contact Veronica Cartagena